Accreditation Inquiries

Verification of Accreditation or Standing of Schools

Korean Institutions

The equivalent in Korea of "accreditation" is the approval of an institution by a Korean government ministry, usually the Ministry of Education (MOE). Such approval is required for all postsecondary education programs in Korea.

All MOE-approved post-secondary institutions (four-year institutions, all called "universities" and two-year institutions, all called "colleges" usually) are listed on the MOE website. A few universities are approved by ministries other than the MOE, such as the military academies, which are accredited by the Ministry of National Defense, and a few others.

If you have any questions on verifying the standing of Korean educational institutions. you can email us at